Picture-postcard sunsets, stunning landscape scenery and a river that runs through the property. The perfect setting for a romantic getaway in the Central Drakensberg!
We are well into Autumn now with Winter only a few short weeks away. This is one of the favourite times to visit the Drakensberg. It is when the greenery starts transforming into different hues of orange and their air has a distinct coolness to it.
Popular Attractions in Autumn
- Hiking the beautiful uKhahlamba Drakensberg Mountains, one of the most popular reasons to visit the Drakensberg.
- Taking to the air with a scenic flight in a helicopter or hot air balloon. It is all about having a different point of view.
- Quad biking and Archery with Jo-Kerr Adventures, based at The Nest Hotel. Fantastic fun for the whole family.
- The Drakensberg Canopy Tour set within the magnificent Blue Grotto Forest, a must do for any adventure enthusiast.
- The Farmers Market, the Drakensberg’s first-ever permanent artisanal market. Family-friendly with an eatery and beer garden, selling local produce and bespoke goods.
- Trail running and mountain biking, from Park Runs to Cathkin trails. There is something for everyone.
- Take a day out and head to Cathedral Peak Wine Estate. Experience some of the fabulous wines they have on offer.
- “A River Runs Through It’- enjoy a romantic picnic by the river that runs through the property of the Nest Hotel.
- Still on the subject of rivers, enjoy an exciting adventure down the river, white-water tubing with Scootours, or white-water rafting with Four Rivers Adventures.
- Enjoy magnificent countryside on horseback. There are options that cater to both beginner and experienced riders.
- Cable Trail with Vertical Rush. Traverse 300m along a cliff, wearing a harness and clipped onto a cable.
- Tree tops forest experience for children, exposing kids to nature to experience the awe around them.
When the day is done and you are ready to wind down, come and join us by a cozy log fire in the lounge. Experience warm hospitality with our team at The Nest Hotel, delicious country style food and comfortable accommodation.
Take a look at our fabulous Winter Specials and book your stay. We look forward to seeing you in the mountains soon!