South Africa joins many countries around the world to celebrate Father’s Day. And this year we propose a road trip to celebrate Father’s Day in the Mountains.
Usually, Father’s Day occurs on the 3rd Sunday of June, and this makes it Sunday the 20th of June this year. So, have you thought about how to spoil dad this year? Chocolate, biltong, nifty gadgets, or even some cool accessories go down well. But what about creating memories and giving dad a break from his hectic daily life.
Here are 10 ideas to spoil your dad, this Father’s Day in the Mountains
- Share a chocolate fondue at Chocolate Memories
- Play a round of golf with two golf courses to choose from
- Bring along your mountain bikes and head out on the Cathkin Trails
- Sample different cheeses at the Macedonian Cheese Factory
- Put on your walking shoes and take a scenic hike in the mountains
- Experience pure mountain brew at Drakensberg Brewery
- Treat dad to a massage at Revive Spa
- Take to the air in a hot air balloon or scenic helicopter flight
- Encounter some powerful raptors at the Falcon Ridge interactive presentation
- Enjoy the thrill of a canopy tour set within the Blue Grotto Forest
When the adventure is over and it is time to relax, let us take over. The Nest Hotel is a delightful family resort and one of the favourite places to stay in the Central Drakensberg. Allow Dad to relax and enjoy exquisite views over the Ukhahlamba Drakensberg Mountains. Additionally, we will treat him to our warm hospitality and delicious food. In fact, with our Father’s Day special we include a free gourmet burger and craft beer tasting for Dad.
We hope to see you soon!