In this post you can find the packing list for winter holidays in the Drakensberg Mountains. If you are anything like me, I try to pack everything bar the kitchen sink! My thought is rather pack it just in case you need it.
You have decided it is time to spend your winter break in the beautiful Drakensberg Mountains. Now it is time to pack for your holiday and you are not sure what you need? So, to help you with this task, we have created a useful list on what to pack.
It is not quite the same as packing for summer. Winter clothes and gear tend to be bulkier and take up more space. Layers are your friend and will keep you warm on chilly winter nights!
We would like to share ideas on how to pack for your winter holiday in the mountains. So here is our suggested list.
- A winter jacket – perfect for those cold winter mornings and equally chilly evenings.
- Accessories – gloves, beanie and scarf to keep the chill under wrap.
- Jersey, sweater and fleece tops – layer a fleece top or jersey over your warm shirts.
- Jeans and long pants – we don’t think you want to brave the cold in shorts.
- Warm shirts – long and short sleeve will do, depending on your activity choice.
- Thermal wear – they definitely come in handy.
- Socks, socks and more socks.
- If you are exploring the outdoors, some decent hiking boots are a must.
- Closed shoes or boots and warm slippers
- Sunglasses and sunscreen – the sun still shines in winter.
- Backpack, walking stick and hiking essentials.
- Toiletries and a small first aid kit with the essentials.
While lists will vary from person to person, we hope this provides some insight on what to pack for winter holidays in the Drakensberg Mountains. It is also good to know that we have a number of little shops and convenience stores in the Valley for essentials.
If you think we missed anything important from the list, please let us know!