When it comes to planning your holiday in the mountains, especially if it is done weeks or months in advance, the one thing you cannot predict is the weather. What happens if it rains during your stay?
For some, the weather can make or break a vacation, but it should not have to be that way. You can still make the most out of your holiday, however you may need to ditch the bikini and opt for a pair of jeans!
So what happens if it rains during your stay? Do you embrace it, take along a good umbrella and go about your itinerary as planned? There should be no need to cancel you booking or change it for another date and hope for better weather. Don’t panic! We have some great ideas for those rainy days and would love to share them with you.
6 Ideas for Rainy Days
- Relax – the whole idea of a holiday is to relax and rejuvenate. Sleep in, read a book, and visit our Revive Spa for a therapeutic massage.
- Fun & Games – there are several indoor activities to choose from, a pool table, table tennis, darts, and a selection of board games on offer at Reception.
- Indulge – there are a number of food outlets in the Valley where you can enjoy anything from a cheese platter to a chocolate fondue.
- Go shopping – support local and visit some of the art & craft shops, boutique outlets, farmstalls, and coffee shops.
- Visit a museum – Kwa Zulu Natal has a rich history and there are several museums within easy reach, the closest being Negosie Museum, in the style of an old trading store, just up the road from The Nest Hotel. There are also a number of Battlefield sites that could easily be incorporated into a day trip.
- Try a craft beer or take a wine tour & tasting experience at the only vineyard in the Drakensberg. Naturally we need to wait for the COVID-19 regulations to allow the sale of alcohol again, but hopefully the wait will not be too long!
Ultimately, we all hope for endless days of sunshine, especially when on vacation but the reality is that the weather could mean a change of plans. Our suggestion is to embrace it and take that well deserved holiday.