The Nest Hotel will be hosting a talk from speaker Claire Newton (Psychologist) on the topic of trauma. This event will be hosted on the 13th August 2021, followed by question-and-answer session. Dinner will be served after the talk.
Many members of our community have been emotionally impacted by the recent violence, looting and riots in KZN. You may be experiencing common symptoms of trauma, grief, anger, helplessness and hopelessness. And if you are not experiencing it yourself, you may have friends and family who are.
The Nest is reaching out to our community to help. We have invited well known Psychologist and Speaker, Claire Newton, to address us on the topic of trauma.
Tackle Trauma: Understanding Trauma & How to Manage it
The talk will cover
- What trauma is – how psychologists define trauma
- Recognising the signs and symptoms of trauma in yourself or others
- Normalising our reactions to trauma
- What to do and what not to do to help yourself
- What to do and what not do to help others deal with their trauma
All COVID protocols will be strictly adhered to.
Arrival 18h00, talk starts at 18h30 and dinner from 19h30.
3 Course Dinner @ R175 per person
We look forward to seeing you.