I whispered to my husband “let’s get away to the mountains for the weekend, just the two of us”. Of course, I was secretly hoping he would simply reply with a resounding ‘yes’! But not him, at least not this time. I could see thoughts racing through his mind, pausing to come up with some plausible reason to brush me off. Rather than being annoyed, I took it as a challenge to come up with a hundred reasons to go to the Drakensberg. Well, not quite a hundred, but I perfected my top 10 list of the most romantic things to do and knew without a doubt that he would not be able to resist.
My top 10 list:
- Watch the sunset over the mountains
- Take a stroll down to the river and enjoy a picnic for two
- Go to a spa for a couple’s massage
- An exhilarating helicopter scenic flight
- Share a decadent Chocolate Fondue
- Amble through the valley and visit some of the quaint ‘arty’ shops
- Take an evening walk and stargaze
- Enjoy a romantic candlelit dinner
- Try out one of the adventurous activities – canopy tour, rafting, horse-riding ..
- Put a tick on my bucket list and soar up with the eagles in a Hot Air Balloon
The Nest Hotel is conveniently located in the Central Drakensberg within easy access to a number of attractions and activities on offer. There is so much on offer and the only limit is your imagination.
He said ‘yes’ – see you there!